Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Bad girl Ana!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am a voyeur/exhibitionist. As a New Yorker living in a high rise, I consider it my duty to occasionally sit on my couch and watch the New Yorkers living around me who either a) don’t have a curtain b)have a curtain but don’t care to close it ever. I also consider it my duty to amuse those watching me (I don’t care to close my curtains).

This morning on my way to work, I was listening to the z100 morning show and apparently there is legislation regarding voyeurism/exhibitionism. Naturally, as soon as I got to work I did some research and somewhere hidden under a lot of legal babble there are in fact laws that address this. They are built in the bodies of stalking, harassment, and indecent exposure laws.

Wow!

I always thought that in order to stalk a person you have to actually know them, that to harass a person you have to attempt to have contact with them, and that to commit indecent exposure you have to expose yourself in public places. I guess not; though maybe the law doesn’t contemplate curious New Yorkers with a sense of humor. Hmmm.

In any case, I have to admit that I get a kick out of it and that regardless of what I discovered today, should boredom hit somewhere in the general vicinity of my windows, I will probably take a peek to see what the neighbors are doing. I am also pretty sure that it is not indecent exposure if I am wandering around my apartment not so conservatively attired and there just happen to be people looking in.

I know. I have issues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help looking into windows if the curtains are wide open. They are asking for it. When I was in college, my roomie and I used to look at the fraternity house across the street with binoculars!!

Gabemaster said...

Where do you live? Perhaps I could move accross the street from you hehehe ;)