Monday, September 12, 2005

The few reasons why I like Brooklyn...

From Williamsburg, the view of the NYC skyline is truly impressive. Sure, you can get the same view from a number of different places around the city, but this is pretty nice.

I like Williamsburg because it is the home of friends. Yesterday, Margherita gave me the 2 cent tour of her Williamsburg. It came with flea markets, artists' bazaars and an outdoor diner. Oh and she gave me one of the best birtdhay presents I received: A pound of parmesan cheese imported straight from her hometown in Italy.

(I love cheese!)

My last favorite part of Williamsburg is their way of self-expression. This was on the sidewalk between Bedford Ave and N. 6th St.

As you cam imagine, I agree with this completely :)

18 comments:

K said...

Thank you for the tour:)

Crazy Girl City said...

I love NY. I can't wait until Friday when I arrive for the weekend!

Bracuta said...

Just like the view I get from the Ozama River...

Malia said...

Looks like you had fun. Mmmmmm, Parmesan cheese.

Malia

Grant said...

I like living in a city, but I think nature looks better. When I look at a cityscape I always think "scarred earth." At the same time, I have no desire to wander through some spider and tick infested forest. I just like the appearance.

Libélula said...

That truly is an awesome view!

Bob W. said...

Well I must say that the pics bring back memories from my visits to manhatten years ago,(Many Years ago),And I did enjoy. But now living in a warm nice yearround climite like Arizona, I wont be back to soon.

Tek said...

I love it!!

Jonas said...

Have you ever had dinner at Peter Luger's? MMMMMMMMM...Yummy

petrow said...

the jealousy i have for were you live is emence, i think thats how u spell it , anyways, thats city has so much history, lovin the pics as well.

Pirate said...

You, you. I didn't know bush had a head? I fucked up that and didn't go to class. Missed out on the body parts thing. But I do know who has control of the remote controls all.

AVA said...

You really are very lucky to live in NY Annush. A few years ago I would have given ANYTHING to live there, now I'm just a bit tired of big cities. But I can understand why you love yours. It's awesome beyond words.

Mona Buonanotte said...

Italian cheese AND that skyline?? Boy, are YOU lucky!! (mmmm...cheese)

Rob 3:16 said...

I Heart Ny so much....thats why i'm moving back there in January :)

chili said...

i've never been... toy loca por ir palla...

chili said...

i've never been... toy loca por ir palla...

Luis Romano said...

new york new york

Jim Naka said...

Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link of cat toy.