Tuesday, November 15, 2005

but I do wanna' leave!!!!


Today I was supossed to go away. I've been trying to go on a well deserved vacation since last week but there is always something. Anyway, as a last resort, I decided to go back to NY today just to kinda clear my had for a few days and then return with Dan, who is coming to visit next week.

Well, on a weird twist of fate early last night my trip to NY became a trip to Miami.

In preparations for the end of my sabbatical, which has extended far more than absolutely necessery, I have started looking for a new job in a different place. NY doesn't do it for me anymore. I have submitted my resume to a handful of places throughout the East Coast and have been patiently awaiting responses.

Yesterday I received two interview requests from two leading agencies in my field both located in Miami. Needless to say, I am in such a rush to get out of here again that I sent my NY trip to hell and scheduled both interviews for this week.


Apparently though, the Gods don't seem to think that I should be going to Miami today.

After I scheduled the interviews, I spoke to my mom and told her that I would be going to Miami instead of NY. She gets all bent out of shape but in the end all she asks of me is to behave with "grace and dignity" (translation: stay away from HWMNBN). Fine. (I did cross my fingers though). Then, I spoke to an old friend about staying at her place for a couple of days. That worked out until about 11pm when something else happened. Fine. For some reason I kinda saw that coming so rather than dwell on it, I booked a hotel (eventhough I hate hotels). Then it ocurred to me that HWMNBN could be extremely helpful in regards to something I had to do today. So I called him. On a sidenote, let me just say that I hate T-Mobile for letting people choose whether their callers will hear music or ringing tones. That just aggravates me. Anyway, so I called him and after a whole minute of listening to "Burning Down the House", he answers the phone and explains that he couldn't talk to me right then because of blablablablabla that he would call me back later. That was pointless. So I decided to take care of it myself and after hours (more like 20 minutes) of research and stuff, when I am about to print out the info, my printer jammed and refused to be functional again. So onto handwriting.

Shortly thereafter I accidentally drowned my cell phone WITH ALL MY NUMBERS in wine (it's now dead), Bianca spilled red wine all over my new shirt, Lilly had to be taken to the hospital (she is fine now), another one of my nails caught on fire (I'm really going to have to quit smoking), and today I woke up at 5am to pack and leave and stuff, and I woke up not feeling well, then I couldn't find my sunglasses (can't leave the house without sunglasses), and I puked the entire way from home to the airport (and then back because I couldn't leave in such a condition).

So I don't think these interviews are going to happen...But I need to get out of here!

I insist. Someone should just come shoot me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I'll be there next week, but I'd rather not shoot you... I mean who would show me around if I put you in the hospital?

Grant said...

Are you sure the gods aren't sending you a subtle sign that your fortune lies elsewhere, say, Atlanta? :-)

vicpichardo said...

i second the atlanta call, would move there if it was up to me ( i think, not up to me therefore i stopped my research.) miami sucks. check out ft laud or west palm.

Jonas said...

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Every place I go, I'll think of you
Every song I sing, I'll sing for you
When I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time let me kiss you
Close your eyes I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I won't have to say

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go