Monday, July 31, 2006

*&^&%%^$%^$#^%^&^&%$

Santo Domingo turned into a military state and I didn't notice.

Okay so I thought that the whole thing about alcohol consumption was about as far as this riduiculous law was going to go but no. That little law has turned living in this place a nightmare. Let me start by saying that THEY LIED. Obviously when I say "THEY" I mean the authorities. THEY led us to believe that they were going to take away our alcohol so that we don't drink at ungodly hours. I was okay with that. I was willing to respect that because first and foremost I dont' think is such a horrible thing for people to be sober and two, because it's not like I drink that much anyway.

WELL, THEY took away our alcohol but THEY are also taking away our right to hang out. THEY have decided that any and all places that sell alcohol (which is pretty much everywhere)have to not only stop selling alcohol at the given time, but they have to close down entirely! And then, as if that weren't enough, the streets have been flooded with armed men with a license to harass people as THEY see fit. THEY go around stopping people randomly everywhere if for nothing else to tell them that they have no business being in the streets.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Okay Annush. Deep breath.

THEY have decided that we have no civil liberties to speak of. And I say that our "democracy" is in danger. People talk shit about Chavez but I have yet to hear about people in Venezuela being told to go home and stay there or worse, being pulled over at gun point just because.

I realize that life here has become relatively unsafe over the past couple of months. I understand that the President has been so preoccupied with kissing foreign leaders' asses that he has completely neglected domestic policy and that the morons in charge are so busy being corrupt that they didn't notice that the economic instability is driving otherwise normal people into desperation.


WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS WHY I HAVE TO LIVE IN A PERPETUAL STATE OF PARANOIA BECAUSE OF IT!!!!!!!!!!

This weekend if you were out after 2:01 am you were exposing yourself to the wrath of the uniformed Gods!! why?? all I wanted was to go buy a measely pack of cigarrettes (BIG PICTURE to those of you who are going to lecture me on the evils of smoking), all my brother wanted was to drive his girlfriend home, all my friend wanted was to go to someone's house as long as we can no longer hang out at our favorite place.

I HATE PEOPLE I HATE PEOPLE I HATE PEOPLE.

Y'all know how I always say that this is a nice place to visit but that you dont' want to live here? Well, that's changed. If you can, GO TO MEXICO or wherever else that's not war torn...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel.

gotbrains? said...

Wow.. and they still want the tourism money coming in? Why would anyone want to visit a place where they are being forced to go to bed at 2am. Or, does the law not count for resort areas?