Friday, July 07, 2006

Of nail polish and friends...

Mine (red) and Yuri's feet


Someone wrote to me to ask me why I don't post as many pictures as I used to. The answer is simple: My camera died and my new one is all kinds of fancy and I don't like it so I don't take nearly as many pictures, which doesn't mean I don't take ANY pictures but the ones I do take are of the more personal variety. You know, the kind that would be a stalker's delight :)

Anyway, I'll try to take/post more pictures. There, happy?

My friends are in trouble. Well, they are not in trouble. Their friendship is and I worry about them because they are best friends. I want to help them but I don't know how because I am closer to one than I am to the other, that same person has felt that I've betrayed her when that wasn't really the case but cada cabeza es un mundo and I couldn't convince her otherwise (well, I never really tried because I think she was being stupid).

I know (I think) that there are a bunch of reasons as to why all of this is going on and it hasn't been brought up (that I know of) but I worry I may be one of them. Before I came along it was always THEM. Now it's not so much THEM as it is WE or US.

I have told them to talk it out before it's too late. To sit down and say whatever they need to say so that they can stay happy. It may seem stupid but talking actually works. When fully honest, words can help prevent misunderstandings...

This reminds me of a situation I was in when I was in High School...I had a friend with whom I was fairly close with. This girl in turn had another friend of whom I was afraid of (the girl looked like such a bully!). Anyway, our friend got a boyfriend (Danny was it?) and one day while hanging out at some stupid teen club in Godknowswhere, NJ bully girl and I became friends. Best friends. So of course, then there was drama. The kind of drama that involved mail and postage stamps (that was before the widespread use of email).

I don't miss that at all. I want things to go back to the way they were...(all of it)

2 comments:

Bracuta said...

Age... no need to say anything else.
If you are the issue then there's no need to worry. After all, you're almost leaving (little tear falling down my cheek).
This is why I don't believe in best friends any more. Been there, done, wouldn't want to do it again. People start becoming all kinds of possesive and jealous when the center of attention shifts from one friend to another.
The point is that it is very hard when a person stops paying attention to someone after many years and suddenly starts paying attention to some complete stranger. The other will will really feel bad (law of nature).
Anyways, it will all pass.

gotbrains? said...

Bully? I looked like a bully? Is my face that mean? =)