Friday, October 06, 2006

You gravitate towards me...

I hate that we are so connected...that the world is so small...
I know what I know and I know what's inside me.
I know what I want to remember and I know what I want to forget.
There are times when I delete you from my memory,
even if for a little while...but just like that...
there you are.
You are there even when you are not there.
I hate that we are so connected...that the world is so small...
that I could be sitting in some bar and a story gets told
and out comes your name.
"Do you know him?"
And it could be anybody else's name...
but it's you.
Your rubber duckies
Your apartment
Your keys
Your sofa
Your balcony
Your bed.
And "oh my God he is such a great guy!"
you are such a great guy!
I'm so lucky to have you. To have had you.
(Or so they say.)
I hate that we are so connected...that the world is so small...
that if before I met you I didn't know you
now you are a constant in my world.
Were you always a part of my world?
Am I an extention of you?
Can I not hide from you?
Does all of this seem unnatural because being with you is so natural?
Does it ever end?

I should move to Samoa.
You don't know anyone there, do you?

No comments: