Monday, January 08, 2007

in our fairy-tale castle we eat veggies.

I have always had a lot of friends and within those friends a small group of best friends. You can call it the circle of trust-or something like that, anyway. Over the years my circle of trust has grown and it's not because I have 800 best friends but because in my book, once you are in it is very difficult for you to be pulled out (not that it hasn't happened though). Even if life pulls us apart, rather than erase them from my life, I give them an inactive role because I never lose track of people. I'm very lucky in that I surround myself with people who know how to keep in touch (even if at times I forget).

I like to think that I am an easy person to be friends with. That as long as you are honest, normal and forthcoming we'll get along just fine. And then we build from there. But that's not always the case because sometimes it doesn't flow as naturally as it should. Sometimes the desire is there but there is something bigger that just won't let things click. And then you just wonder...

Regardless of how the cookie crumbles though, I've always tried to be a good friend to my friends-especially those who are way up there in my book. It hurts me to see a friend in pain, it saddens me to know that there may not be anything I can do to help...but as long as there is something...anything...even something weird or seemingly insignificant, I'll do it. I'll do whatever it takes to make them smile. Because I want to see them happy. Because I know that they'd do it for me. And mostly because I know that no matter how much they've screwed up, they are good people who mean well.

...and a lot of people take for granted that it's the thought that counts.

No comments: