Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Annush vs. Publisher


I have a love/hate relationship with my job.

But I am not going to dwell on the hate part. One of the reasons why I love my job is because they always make available all these professional development/ continuing education courses that I like. As if I don't already have enough to do, I always sign up and complete them. It makes me happy most of the time. Just not now.

I have been taking this writing class online and between work and school, I haven't been able to keep up. I asked the Professor for an extention and he says "no extention unless you submit the next 3 assignments by Thursday." So what do I say? Ok.

It's writing. It's what I do for a living. I was certain I could BS my way through 3 assignments- albeit reluctantly. And that was until I completed my first assignment (now) and noticed that the following 2 assignments were like art projects!

Apparently in the next 12 hours I have to download Publisher, somehow figure it out and then manage to create the kind of work I would have submitted if had I bothered to read the syllabus and then delegated.

...and I could send this all to hell but I refuse to look bad in front of my co-workers...

1 comment:

Gabemaster said...

Maybe 'cause I just got another reminder that we only live once and life can be over at any moment...do what makes you happy, you shouldn't hold back because of what others might think or say about you.