Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life After Death

Sometimes it's weird for me to hang out with HWMNBN's friends. This people have been in my life for a long time and for a long time I have had relationships with some of them and some of them I flat out adore. But they are HWMNBN's friends and regardless of what they feel about me, their loyalties are elsewhere.

I've never really understood why it's so hard for people to remain friends (or share friends) after they break up. I'll admit that it's taken over a year for me to be okay with being in the same space as HWMNBN -and even then I have only done it once. But I've never really understood why friends feel the need to take sides. It's a break up not a war (though it may sometimes feel that way). Even if both parties feel the need to talk and at times they give conflicting information, it doesn't take away from the fact that neither party needs to feel like the loss of one person you cared about is going to turn into the loss of a bunch of people you care about.

Does that make sense?

Though I guess the he said/she said game wouldn't work so well if people would just disregard those talks….

No comments: