Tuesday, April 05, 2005

in sickness and in health?

I am sick and I hate it.

All weekend I was held hostage by the fine people of Lenox Hill Hospital. Then, I felt like i was being held hostage in my apartment because no matter how many shots they gave me, I still felt like crap. Today is Tuesday, and I can't say I feel any better.

The horror...

Anyway, my beloved family is providing me with some TLC while I recover, and most imoprtantly, subsidizing my illness because once again I have been reminded that to get sick in America is in fact a luxury no matter how you handle co-payments or unless you have a cold. Then you have the bastards of the IRS tell you that medical bills are tax deductible as long as they are something like 10% of your annual income. AHHHHHHHHH!

I am in a REALLY bad mood. For this, I am sory. I have, however, found myself extremely short on patience since I've been sick. I feel like my head is being squeezed by a lemon juicer. but on the brightside, at least I am getting some loving from Katerina, Charlie and Sparky (my 3 dogs), my family, it's warm out, and in less than two hours, I have an appointment with a REALLY hot doctor. YuM!

3 comments:

Gabemaster said...

I'm really sorry to hear that I really hope you get better soon. If u want I can come over to the hospital and pist u off a little bit hehehe ;)

Get well soon pretty girlie :)

aka_monty said...

Lucky for us, most medical bills end up being MORE than 10% of your annual income. That's why they make us pay $9 for a single Tylenol, doncha know! :)

But I'm sorry you're sick, and I hope you get better very soon! :)

scott S said...

You should feel lucky you have the opportunity to buy the best healthcare in the world... sure beats having it provided to you by the government... could you imagine the quality of care we would get if the government supplied the health care.
Anyway, enough sarcasm... sorry to hear you're sick...
Get well soon