Sunday, April 03, 2005

More loss.

It seems like death is all around us these days. Jerry Orbach, Johnnie Cochran, the kids in that school shooting, Terri Schiavo, the Indonesian people in the earthquake, Jim Purdue, The Pope, and many more, have all gone to what's hopefully a better place.

I'm not afraid of death as it is in fact a part of life, but I worry about what it means when death is directly or indirectly all around us. Since before the New Year we have been mourning the losses brought about by natural disasters, freak accidents, unfortunate health and old age. I wonder if it will end soon because frankly, everytime i read about someone's passing I think about it so much that I worry that so much exposure to death will make me fearful of a natural part of life.

I also worry that we are loosing people of substance who have touched us in some way, people who had the power to move the masses and to a point even change the world. Meanwhile, there are some people walking around who would probably do the world a favor were they to drop dead...

But anyway, let's all find comfort in knowing that they have all gone to a better place and hope that in the future we will remember them and the things they did for themselves and for humanity.

May they all rest in peace.

1 comment:

alessandro said...

dead have to be easy because life is hard, so dont worry about it.