Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Untitled.

My home lies within the shield of a coward
hidden inside a known foe's soul
I never thought you'd be what I wanted
now I hate to love you though I fear I must.

Every unspoken word holds a secret promise
in the memory of your touch is my happy yesterday
I can't imagine my life without you
though this is the life I live today.

You are not still with me, yet you hold my home
like a thief in the night you stole my trust
I always knew it would end this way
but the midnight hour had not yet struck.

Each promise is a memory
and now I live a life incomplete
and now this burden that I carry
is something with which I can't compete.

3 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

Very deep and heavy poem. I hope this person knows how you feel, but most likely he doesn't.

Indeterminacy said...

Sorry, I havent been around in a couple of weeks, and what happens? You go on a whirlwind tour of Europe and write another poem!

I like your poetry. I hope that time will dull the sad memories and turn them to cheer.

Weary Hag said...

I've just looked at all your trip pics and they are lovely! So glad you had a fun time.
This poem is so touching. You write well ~ beyond your years. That's a huge compliment ... embrace it.