Sunday, September 18, 2005

sweetened out!

Scones are the best thing to come out of the UK aside James Bond. Love them! Love them! Love them! and I just had one :)

Today we are celebrating my birthday AGAIN. Today is raspberry tiramisu day and the usual suspects are coming over. I'm so happy that instead of conserving calories so I can pig out properly, I have decided that today I'll just give in to my munchies for once.

I mean, I AM ON VACATION. I am allowed to do such things!

This weekend was a toughie. I was still going back and forth in my brain about decisions that I don't have to make for months and it wasn't until this morning that it occurred to me that for once I don't have to do ANYTHING but catch up on my sleep among other mindless things. The feeling is amazing.

Though all things being considered, I've been productive these past few days. I had lunch with my grandma who is still a few months shy of 66 but acts like she is 97, I finished my scrap book, I started reading a new book, I went to the hairdresser, had an unnecessary mani/pedi, and slept like my life depended on it.

Apparently today there is a street fair going on in Lexington Avenue. I would be totally excited were it not because just yesterday I had to endure the Steuben German American parade in Fifth Avenue. As if it's not enough to have to deal with the masses of tourists everyday of our lives, we have to draw even bigger additional crowds. Woo Hoo!

I am in the process of making a "tiramisu" playlist for my iPod. I thought this would be easier but I can't think of enough "sweet" songs. The people of Dylan's should post their playlist...

3 comments:

Grant said...

Happy 2nd Birthday! Does this mean you're now a year older? Does the world owe you another batch of presents? Tomorrow, for your 3rd birthday, I recommend a cheesecake and blackberry wine theme. Set you iPod to Slayer and have a ball. :)

lccb81 said...

Enjoy your new found freedom - and have fun with the "take it one second/minute/day at a time"! And the tiramisu sounds yummy...

Jonas said...

I don't know if you've ever had cheesecake at The Palm in New York. But if you can do it take out. I'd grab a piece. MMMMMM...Cheescake.