Monday, January 30, 2006

I am still laughing :)


We have to laugh at ourselves. REALLY.

It is a long weekend here and it's very likely that the only people who stayed around for it are the people who are close to me. I like to think that they stuck around to keep me company during my recovery and sometimes they even let me believe that but that's not the case. In any case, I don't care because I am making up for a week of doing nothing going out and having fun :)

Yesterday I kinda sorta dressed up. On Saturday I went out and bought a dresser and while I was organizing my stuff I realized that I had some fun things that I hadn't worn in months just because I forgot I had them. So yesterday, I was like "screw it...so what if we are going to the beach". And I pulled out the skirt, and the fishnets, and made me all casually pretty.

We ended up not going to the beach but this bar in the middle of the city. It was great. It really is true that people get happier, more social and even prettier (sometimes) when they drink because if Annina was saying when she got to my house that my eyes were all droopy, a few hours later Laura was saying that she could tell I was "happy" because my eyes were so big and my smile was so wide. HA!

I don't think much of myself and the things I do. Generally speaking, my only goal in any situation is to enjoy it and come out unscathed. Yesterday was not an exception. Some people think that I take myself and my situation too seriously, and to an extent that may or may not be true; however, no matter how I look at my life I've alwys had some humor when it comes to it.

I figure that if I won't, nobody else will.

My whole life I've been the kind of person who despite the rare bursts of extreme shyness has always been open and honest enough to say what I think and do what I want. I never really cared much for what other people think because I have always been clear that it's not other people who have to look in the mirror in the morning and come face to face the decisions I made the day before.

If I do something bad I dwell on it. If I say something wrong I beat myself up over it. If I do or say something stupid I just laugh.

I laugh because I am not perfect and I don't intend to be.

I laugh because no matter how hard I try to be a certain way, there is always a chance that my black fishnets and my white undies are going to show over the top of my skirt.

I laugh because if people love me they are going to love me in my silliness and insanity.

I laugh because it makes people realize that I am not as bitchy as I may first seem.

I laugh because alcohol doesn't make me slutty, it just makes me fun.

I laugh because when I catch myself being happy this is a feeling that trascends time and space.

Yesterday I laughed because had that shrimp had its way, I would have never laughed again.

For more pictures of last night go here.

5 comments:

Libélula said...

I never thought you were bithcy, babe...ans i'm also laughing with you ;)

Gabemaster said...

Hey Annush your whole ordeal reminded me of the 15 year old Canadian girl who died due to a simple kiss from her boyfriend. She was alergic to peanuts and her boyfriend had eatean peanut butter about 9 hours before the kiss. She never recovered from the reaction to it. I'm happy as a pig to know you are allright.

Take care ok? :)

hilda said...

laughing

Mona Buonanotte said...

You're beautiful!

And sue that restaurant, girl!

Chelle said...

sips! hay ke reirse! :P

definitely a better philosophy than trying to hide who you really are.