Friday, June 09, 2006

The most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time...



and no, it's not not mine.

But it's cute, huh? even though it looks like a bean.

A few days ago, my dear friend Valerie who I have not seen in a good four years, told me that she recently got married and that she was pregnant. This is a picture of her baby.

I couldn't believe it.

People change so much, so fast and it's absolutely fascinating. I always knew that Valerie would end up married because that is just the kind of person she is. But I never pictured her to be a parent type. I mean, this is a girl who would go to my apartment, get all sorts of fuckt up and then strip to her undies and dance in my balcony. Once she cut off all her hair so she wouldn't have to brush it and the day she tried to dye it blonde, she kept it the way it turned out even though it came out chick yellow.

And now she could be someone else- well, I suposse that in some ways she is someone else but deep down she is still the same. Talking to her always feels like no time has passed. She reminds me of one of the best times of my life. Valerie is one of the few people who make me feel like I am home.

Now she is having a baby.

And even though it took me forever to figure out which part was the head and that I think this baby looks like a bean, I still think it's beautiful and I love it already.

No comments: