Tuesday, December 26, 2006

the holiday spirit...

The F-P-L family Christmas was lots of fun.

I know that some people have issues with spending the Holidays with their families but I love spending the Holidays with mine! I don't know if it's the nuttyness or the food (I MUST DIET NOW!!!!) but the fact of the matter is that I can't think of a better place to be (or better people to be with) during this time of the year.

Anyway, this year we went to spend the Christmas holiday in La Romana at the house Ivan built for us. We had a great time, and everything was beautiful even though we didn't get a chance to buy a tree. Our tree this year consisted of a really tall vase with really big Christmas flowers. Better than nothing I suppose. (actually, I kinda' liked it).

The better part of the weekend I spent obscenely tired. I came back from Miami with the cold from hell and even though it seemed to want to work with me (not kill me throughout the weekend) it had me completely worn out. So my mom's advice was:

"Ana, there is Red Bull in the fridge. Go make yourself a drink"

...and you know, mother knows best...so I had a whole lot of drinks.

I got a whole bunch of REALLY good presents. I guess I was nicer this past year than I originally thought I had been. The material stuff was good, the thoughtful stuff was better. It makes one feel good to know that when people care they will go through unimaginable lengths to find you, and if they don't, just to leave a message to say Merry Christmas...even if they leave that same message in every phone number you've got.

No comments: