Thursday, May 10, 2007

Back to bed

I HATE sharing my bed more than anything in the entire world, unless of course there is a damn good reason to have someone invading my personal sleeping space. There is only one good reason I can think of that is entirely acceptable. Even then, that has its share of exclusions and limitations. You do the math.

I appreciate cold sheets, a monopoly over the pillows and jurisdiction over the comforter. Sounds easy but in reality it is a nightmare when there is someone there. People can't control their body heat any more than they control the desire to takeover at least one of my perfectly fluffy pilows or my love affair with my comforter.

Frankly, it pisses me off. However, for a long time I overlooked this obsession of mine and felt good about sharing my pillows with someone I felt (feel?!) really deeply about. Then that was over and now I am back to my selfish sleep mode, which for at least a few weeks was the only thing I found positive in my new situation.

Lately though I've found that the reasons why I appreciate to be alone in bed are starting to bother me. Now I get too cold at night. I feel like I own way too many pillows. I wake up in the middle of the night tangled up in the mess that is my comforter. And it couldn't have come at a worse time...I promised myself that I would focus on me for a while and it seems like the only thing I can focus on to get myself on track is finding someone to fight over the comforter.

Each day older that I get, the more I am convinced that people really aren't meant to be alone...

No comments: