Friday, June 01, 2007

Party like a rockstar...

...and then get sick.

I knew it was only a matter of time until my body stopped trying to keep up with me, and here I am: sick as a dog.

Officially, I've been sick for 48 hours. Unofficially, I've been sick for like 4 days. The difference between "officially" and "unofficially" is the presence of fever: I've had a 102 fever for almost 2 days now. It was because of this fever that I walked out of Nobu on Wednesday and missed Nelly Furtado at Mansion. Damn it! And I still would have gone had it not been for Kari and Vincent yelling at me to go to bed so I could party yesterday [which I didn't do because I was so sick I was puking my life out].

I really should have paced myself last week. At my age, the whole not sleeping for days and partying every night thing will get to you...I partied for a week straight...on the upside though (or downside if you are one of those people who think I look better with a few extra pounds) I have lost 3 pounds this week...And to think that technically I still have 3 more days of potential partying...

This week has been a week of old friends...some have come, some I saw on my trip last weekend, some I have simply found the time to see. This is nice. It's a bit of a relief actually as well as a welcome distraction. I have missed these people, even though I am always saying "lo que no esta, no hace falta".

I've made some new friends here, but I appreciate the old. I find comfort in what I already know well and what knows me. Right now I feel terrible and wish I could just die; however, if I had to get sick like this again just to feel for one more week the way I felt this past week, I'd do it again...It may sound like a cliche but some things in life are just priceless...

1 comment:

Eve Ciudad said...

you get sick, you get better - nextg time you hydrate continuously and keep it going....
loving your recipes for dishes and for life.
nyc love,
eve