Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Changes.

Someone once said that today is the first day of the rest of your life. Today I say that tomorrow is the last day of this stage in my life. Tomorrow is my last day at the job where I've had so much fun in for the past 7 months. And happy though I am to be moving forward, I am also a little bit sad.

In the past 6 months I've had something like five jobs, at times simultaneously. I've done what my family wanted me to do, what gave me the most money with the least amount of effort, what I felt I should be doing and this, which is what has served me as therapy...the job I never wanted to quit doing.

On Monday I go back to "corporate America" with the office hours, "casual Fridays", 401K and fun paycheck that go along with it. I'll probably go back to my workaholic ways and start a life filled with stories about crazy co-workers that I won't be able to write about in order to protect my job- because we all know that bad things happen when you bring your job to the internet!

I am excited. Much more excited than I am allowing myself to be on this post. It seems like things are falling into place so that I may find some stability and can begin to do (again) all the things I need get done to truly build a life. This time I am doing it under the sun so I hope that if nothing else this same sun brightens up my days so that I may be happy, and remain happy for a long time to come...