Thursday, December 10, 2009

Phones and lovers

I must be one of the few people I know who haven't fallen victims to the curse of the video- camera. I was gonna say camera in general but then I remembered that thing that time with that picture...Anyway, the data phone has become a staple of everyone's life and with it we have learned to document and then expose details of our lives that in the past would have been nothing more than pretty memories shared exclusively by the parties involved or a story told as you felt it- even if that wasn't necessarily how it went.

How times have changed.

I have a 17 year old sister who is addicted to her Blackberry and takes pictures of EVERYTHING. I know that she sees my openness and technological know-how laced up into a pretty little package and thinks that it's okay to share everything. But it's not. Not really. It's one thing to tell a story and something entirely different to hold evidence of what happened.

Phones are brilliant but they shouldn't be used for more than what they were intended to be used for: talking.

No comments: