Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Speed of Sound by Coldplay

How long before I get in
Before it starts before I begin
How long before you decide
Before I know what it feels like
Where to where do I go
If you never tried then you'll never know
How long do I have to climb
Up on the side of this mountain of mine

Look up I look up at night
Planets are moving at the speed of light
Climb up, up in the trees
Every chance that you get
Is a chance you seize
How long am I gonna stand
With my head stuck under the sand
I'll start before I can stop
Before I see things the right way up

[CHORUS:]
All that noise and all that sound
All those places I doth found
And birds go flying at the speed of sound
To show you how it all began
Birds came flying from the underground
If you could see it then you'd understand
Ideas that you'll never find
All the inventors could never design
The buildings that you put up
Japan and China all lit up
The sign that I couldn't read
Or a light that I couldn't see
Some things you have to believe
But others are puzzles puzzling me

[CHORUS]

Oh when you see it then you'll understand

All those signs I knew what they meant
Some things you can invent
Some get made and some get sent

Birds go flying at the speed of sound
To show you how it all began
Birds came flying from the underground
If you could see it then you'd understand
Oh when you see it then you'll understand

9 comments:

Robert_M said...

Feel good inc is my fav too. You are so cool!

F-ftOS said...

A picture is worth thousand words, but a word spoken is a feeling a picture can not describe. And I am very specifically refering to a relationship here.

F-ftOS said...

A picture is worth thousand words, but a word spoken is a feeling a picture can not describe. And I am very specifically refering to a relationship here

annush said...

that's a really good comment...i wish i knew what you are talking about though...
*confused*

F-ftOS said...

Well, I was away for a few days and then today I read your "Friends and Lovers." blog.... which is so true.

And, and this is nothing to do with your relationship with the person per se (wow I used the "and" conjunction twice ;) ), nothing hurts more than a relationship gone wrong due to lack of communication, specially when we are the most competent species on earth when it comes to communications.

There is a beautiful song in Hindi, which goes,

Pyaar ke liye chaar pal kam nahin the,
Kabhie hum nahin the, kabhie tum nahin the.

Pyaar = Love, Ke Liye = for, Chaar = 4 Pal = moment (chaar pal = a couple of moments), kam = few, nahin = not, the = are/were.
Kabhie = Sometimes, hum = we but here it means I, the = not there, tum = you

A couple of moments were not few for love.
Sometimes I was not available, sometimes you were not.

annush said...

damn...i think that song was written for me.

F-ftOS said...

Its true for half the world. The remaining half are the better halves of the first half. ;)

Well, again in Hindi, actually Urdu (and it's my guiding philosophy in life, so to say),

Har kisi ko Muqqamal jahan nahin milta,
Kisi ko zameen kisi ko aasmaan nahin milta.

One des not get the whole world for oneself,
Some dont get the earth, some dont get the stars.

aasman means sky but would not make sense translated into English.

Well I hope, you feel better about it soon. I know its easier said than done, but life goes on.

GoGo said...

My tooth hurts.

Gabemaster said...

Me pica el ombligo