Saturday, June 09, 2007

The PH Files...Part deux

My faith in the system has been restored and now everyone from my youngest brother to Ann Coulter have come out in Paris's defense. Apparently the cries of a grown woman calling for mommy should serve as enough of a penance.

I gotta say this...yesterday I spent the better part of my afternoon watching the drama unfold. I wrote what I wrote and I meant what I said. Hell, I was happy when they sent her back to jail! But now I feel just a little bit bad for her. Not significantly much, but just a little bit. I feel bad that they have made a circus out of her, and I feel bad that the media continues to retell the story of what I am pretty sure has been the lowest point in her life, and I am sure the most humbling.

The fact that she has to go to jail is to me a tale of cause and effect. You made your bed, now you sleep in it. But everyone is entitled to preserve their dignity. You should be able to shed a tear or two in private in a trying moment. You should be able to call for mommy without everyone and their mother saying something about it- this includes me.

I never thought that I would say this, but poor Paris!

I'll admit that I can't stand her and that the world would probably be a better place without her in it; but in her vulnerability she appears to be a real person. I think to myself that when she cries she could be anyone and after seeing all those pictures I think that she has had a hard lesson to learn. But if she learns it and is enough of a woman to grow from it, and I mean grow in every sense, that will make her hot in my book.

1 comment:

Eve Ciudad said...

she'll never be hot because her one day of remorse can't make up for a lifetime of elitist basura. it's gonna take a lot more tears for the pr machine to turn into a person. but i love that you're a sweet enough ana to want to give her a chance! miss you!!