Monday, April 25, 2011

Foursquare Day

I probably should have written this post about a week ago but I had neither the time nor the motivation so as you can imagine, this complicates things. Still, better late than never they say and I believe this whole heartedly!

Last Sunday was Foursquare Day. For those of you not in the know, Foursquare Day is April 16 and its only significance is that it gives us social media geeks an excuse to hang out and (if we are lucky) maybe get another badge.

This year, the festivities took us to Sugarcane Raw Bar.

(In the interest of full disclosure, we don't need to celebrate anything to go there. It's just that fabulous and if you don't believe me go look on Yelp :) )

...and then it took us to Jimmyz Kitchen- Wynwood.

...and then it took us to Cafeina Lounge.

It was a long day. But it was an amazing day that started at 4.16pm and for some, extended to 4:16am. It was one of those days when most of us in Miami's Social Media community have gotten together and truly enjoyed each other's company.

It's been said that the internet brings people apart but I beg to differ. Somehow, we all came together because of the internet and I would like to thank Foursquare for giving us a chance, if not an excuse, to get together and enjoy each other's company.


That said, Foursquare Day has a special significance for me because last year on Foursquare Day, I met @sarahelles . She who has become my best friend.

Along with all the Foursquare Day festivities, we celebrated our one year BFF anniversary.

People say the internet isolates people. Again, I beg to differ.


I can't wait for Foursquare Day next year!

xoxo
annush

No comments: