Monday, May 02, 2011

#MotivationMonday : Friends

When I was a little girl I was fearless.

From the day I was born, I was told that I was amazing and that I could do anything. I believed this wholeheartedly. I believe it to this day. Still, these days the stakes of being fearless are much higher and as I have gotten older I have learned to take a moment and think about what it is that I am trying to do. Some may call it hesitation, I call it a moment alone.

In any case, the world has been really kind to me and I've been able to do some pretty amazing things but there have been times when I've found myself having that "moment alone" and finding that this moment has maybe stretched too long or that I had lost that "Oomph" that I like to believe makes me special.

And this is when I've been able to discover my true friends.

My friends have pushed me. They've reminded me of who I am when I have felt like I didn't know myself and have been my partners in crime when the task I was undertaking seemed so daunting. Surprisingly, it is my friends who have helped me conquer my insecurities and reminded me that in my fearlessness rests my strength.

I am lucky. Very lucky.

My motivation is rooted in the fact that no matter how far away from myself I stray, that I will have some amazing people reminding me who I am and will be sure to point out where I lost my way.

They straighten me out.

And if someone believing in you isn't enough motivation, then I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! We couldn't be any luckier to have friends and family that push us, because they know we CAN do better and with a little motivation from them, we do!