Saturday, August 13, 2005

Letter to God:

Dear God,

Lately, I have tried to talk to you but apparently you are either on vacation or busy with other stuff so I thought that I'd write a post for you here and hope that you 'll read it when you get a chance. I mean, I read somewhere that 45% of the population reads blogs regularly so if people find them that entertaining you probably do too.

Anyway...

The summer is coming to an end. Again. Why???

Last year the summer ended Labor Day Weekend (early September) and the Spring started Memorial Day Weekend (late May). We had 9 months of cold, 1 month of breeze and the other 2 were summer. I thought that there were 4 seasons and that each season lasted 3 months. Hmmmm

I finally finished my grad school application. I know that I shouldn't put all my eggs in one basket, but that's THE school with THE program. For the first time in my life, I feel like I have got a clear direction in life. Help me follow it. Please make sure that the nice admissions people are in a good mood when it's time for them to look at my application. Pretty please. With a cherry on top.

While we are at the whole school thing, please help me find a nice apartment in the East Village. You know that I have to move in the upcoming weeks, so please help me find a place that's accessible to school, to life, to everything. You know how much I hate the subway!

These days I've been just a little bit homesick. I've missed my mom, my brothers, and my dogs in unexplainable proportions. Please God, don't let me stop missing them, but make this emptiness I feel go away and bring us to each other soon.

As you know, it's 21 days until my birthday. I'd like to be just a little more cheerful about it. I feel like all of my birthday joy was sucked out of me. How could that happen? My birthday is the only thing that's really mine and yet I feel like I have nothing...like it was stolen away.

I think that He who must not be named is coming back from Europe soon, if he isn't already here. For a long time I always felt that the vast ocean was nothing more than a little pond that could be crossed with no trouble. This summer, the ocean became a large buffer between HWMNBN and I. Now that I won't have the ocean to rely on, I really do hope that I will have the strength to not look back.

Other than that, financially you've put me in a good place. Help keep me there (or better) and give me strength to steer clear from all the sample sales going on next week. I love sales. Sales are my friends.

Thank you for every good thing and every blessing you have sent my way. Please take care of everyone around me. Oh! and I forgive you for the Mafalda hair. I understand that the experience gave me character :)

xox-

annush


5 comments:

Bea said...

Te deseo éxitos... si te llega a contestar, avisame.

Grant said...

In Georgia we generally have about 11 months of summer, two weeks of spring, two of fall, and thirteen minutes of winter (Friday morning between 7:00 and 7:30 AM EST). If your view of Heaven is a lot of hot, muggy weather then this truly is God's country. Of course the chance of getting a decent snow here are about the same as, well, a snowball's chance in Hell. The comparison is a bit unnerving, but quite accurate. :p

Libélula said...

Don't worry, sweetie. God will listen to your prayers, plus you are also in mine!

Good luck with everything!!!

whitneydonkey said...

Good luck on the school...I will be thinking about you. Come on down to Texas for the neverending 95+++ degree weather. I miss my cashmere coat that is in the box in the garage, I won't see it until November, if I'm lucky.

sample sales are your friends, but not if you are moving! good luck on that too!

Jonas said...

Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a color TV ?
Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So oh Lord, won’t you buy me a color TV ?

Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a night on the town ?
I’m counting on you, Lord, please don’t let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the next round,
Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a night on the town ?

Everybody!
Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends,
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So oh Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?


Mercedes Benz
Janis Joplin

Don't worry Annush, you'll find your way.