Thursday, November 09, 2006

it's game night!

Britney has finally filed for divorce, Reese and Ryan are calling it quits, Shanna Moackler had a divorce party. Seriously, what is this world coming to?

On the upside though, the Democrats have control of the House and almost of Senate and Rumsfeld resigned. Those are the things that make life worth living. It makes me feel good that my vote made a difference (even though I know that absentee ballots usually get counted last).

I am freaked out about Dominican living these days. Everywhere I go there are Christmas trees and lights and scary looking Santas that say ho-ho-ho every 30 seconds. I understand the need to be festive but it's not even Thanksgiving yet! Christmas is not for another month and a half! and what's more, it's not like you can argue that people want to keep their house smelling like pine longer because here most people have fake trees (frankly, a far better choice that chopping off trees for the sake of decoration).

Dan gets here in 12 days. I can't get into the holiday spirit until he is around. He is part of the tradition. For the past 12 years or so he has been in a fixture in my Thanksgiving table regardless of where said table is. I can't wait to see him (even though I just saw him last month). I need to see him because I need to calm down. All this partying can't be good for me and although it's better for me to be depressed and laughing in all my stylish cuteness than it is to be depressed and moping around my house with a pint of ice cream, I don't want to be depressed anymore. It's been a couple of weeks already and HWMNBN doesn't deserve that.

Perrito is attacking Sally. He is under the impresison that he is a rottweiler when he is in fact a maltese. One of these days Sally is going to step on him or bite him or something and I am going to laugh. Though I have to give him props for being the way he is because at the end of the day, life is 90% attitude...

2 comments:

androidette said...

Christmas started here on October 01 (& I wish I was joking)

yash said...

fuera del tema: ooh ana, you like brazilian girls! i so like you right now.