Monday, September 14, 2009

stop pressuring me.

Apparently blogs are not anonymous. I know that in my case it doesn't make a difference because this blog has only been intermitently anonymous but deep down this ruling is unsettling because certain things should be kept private should the writer deem it so- AS LONG AS it's not a threat to someone's well being (calling someone a skank is not a threat to their well-being).
----

I know I've been M.I.A. lately. I've been busy turning 30 and dealing with all of that fun stuff. Patrick Swayze died today and these days it seems like a lot of people are checking out... It makes me think that maybe they know something we don't...

Death is a part of life and I like to believe that death is the end of it. I don't believe in heaven or hell but I find comfort in knowing that there is a definite end- like a story. The End. I do believe in lagacies though, and the connections we forge and the people we change.

Years ago, when I was a young girl, I remember when Michael and Janet Jackson released that song "Scream". I always thought that was the coolest song ever because it was a brother and sister collaboration which automatically made it extra-awesome. I saw that video earlier as shown on the VMAs.

I have 2 brothers I love dearly. I can't imagine trying to live through life without them. And there was Janet, dancing with her dead brother in homage of him.

She is a better person than me.
I wouldn't have been able to. Even in memoriam.

No comments: